ATTENTION FAMILY MEMBERS!! It is advised - unless you want to spoil the suprise please do not view this blog until after Christmas!!! Even though I have not mentioned the specific family members that each gift on here is for...these gifts are for family members and I do not want your surprise to be ruined!!

FOR ANYONE ELSE: The reason why I have put up this blog is to share my ideas for fun, simple, cheap, easy handmade Christmas gifts. If you are still needing Christmas ideas hopefully you will find some here!

Please let me know what you think and let me know if you found these ideas helpful!! I love to receive comments on my blogs and I love to know when I given useful ideas!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Picture Tote Bags

(note: all pictures will be at the bottom of the posts…Family members – you have fair warning right now – do not read any further – it will ruin your surprise!)

This was my first gift to do!!  I liked it so much that I am going to be making one for myself and have for another family member that I originally had not planned on for this gift. 

This gift is super super easy to make.  I got the idea here

I got the tote bags from Wal-Mart for very cheap (only like a couple of dollars a bag).  I set my photo to sepia tone and made a mirror image of it (so that when you iron it on it will be faced the right way…so printing software has the capability or you can do it in almost any photo editing software).  I printed the picture out on photo transfer paper and ironed it on.  Follow the manufacturer’s directions for doing the transfer.

I found when I finished the transfer that the edges were still peeling up and I did not want them to peel off so I used some ribbon and some tacky craft glue and glued the ribbon around the edge of the print, sealing the edges.  I then made a bow from the same ribbon and glued to the top of the tote bag.  I really feel like the ribbon trimmed really finished the bag nicely!

I was very pleased with the results.  So much, like I said at the beginning, that I am going to make one for myself and for another family member.

No comments:

Post a Comment