ATTENTION FAMILY MEMBERS!! It is advised - unless you want to spoil the suprise please do not view this blog until after Christmas!!! Even though I have not mentioned the specific family members that each gift on here is for...these gifts are for family members and I do not want your surprise to be ruined!!

FOR ANYONE ELSE: The reason why I have put up this blog is to share my ideas for fun, simple, cheap, easy handmade Christmas gifts. If you are still needing Christmas ideas hopefully you will find some here!

Please let me know what you think and let me know if you found these ideas helpful!! I love to receive comments on my blogs and I love to know when I given useful ideas!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cookie Containers

(I can't take full credit for this one but wanted to share anyways!!)

I had already decided that one of the things I wanted the kids to do as Christmas gifts is decorate cookie containers and fill them with homemade cookies.

Well last Friday were actually able to make it to storytime at the library.  This was our first time in WEEKS that we were able to make it! And guess what?!?! The theme for the day was Christmas baking and the craft was decorating cookie containers and then decorating cookies to go in them!!

I thought their idea was so cute!  They had cute colored scrapbooking paper and cottonballs and the kids made santa hats and beards to go on the lid!  Seth did all of his cutting by himself.  Even Alyssa made one!

Of course we have already eaten the cookies that we decorated but we are going to use the containers to fill with homemade cookies to give to family for Christmas!

Here is a picture of that container!  This is a super easy idea and most people probably already have the supplies in their house!  It would be a fun idea for a quick Christmas gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment